School is back in session and Dave Reed wants you to keep the following safe driving tips in mind.
1. In all 50 states it is illegal to pass a stopped school bus loading or unloading children. The only exception to this rule is when you are traveling on a divided roadway.
2. Be alert for school zones that have a reduced speed limit at designated times of the day.
3. Practice school safe driving by keeping an eye out for children walking in the street, especially where there are no sidewalks.
4. Be alert for children playing and gathering near bus stops and for those that may dart into the street while playing.
5. When backing out of a driveway or leaving a garage, watch for children walking or biking to school.
6. When driving in neighborhoods or school zones, watch for young people who may be in a hurry to get to or away from school and may not be thinking about getting there safely.
7. Parents, be a good role model as you practice these school safe driving tips. Always buckle seat belts, wear a helmet when biking, and always follow pedestrian rules. Review these rules with your children regularly.
The safety of you and your family is important to us at Dave Reed Insurance, the Peace of Mind People®. Please practice these school driving safety tips. Call our offices at 850 494-2264 and at 850 453-8555 for your insurance needs.