New Year Tips for 2022
1. Change your smoke alarm battery. Check the expiration date to see if it is still effective. May be time for a new one. Mark your calendar to change the battery again in 6 months.
2. Change or wash the air filter to your HVAC system (depending on the type you have). Check each month.
2. Clean out the lint filter and heat vent from your clothes dryer. You will be amazed how much "lint" slips through the filter and into the vent pipe. Could become a fire hazard.
3. Have you paid your property taxes for 2021 yet? The sooner you make that payment the more you will save. Also, do you have a homestead exemption?
4. If freezing temperatures are predicted, be sure to cover any outdoor water spigots so they don't freeze.
5. Gulf Power has merged with Florida Power & Light. Changeover should be complete by Jan 3rd. Gulf Power customers can log on to FPL.com and use their existing usernames and passwords. Gulf Power customers will still have to download the new FPL app and set it up. In the meantime, customers reporting an outage will have to report a power outage by calling (800)487-6937.
6. Now is the time for you to review your homeowner's insurance policy. Call our office at either 850-494-2264 (Creighton Rd.) OR 850- 453-8555 (N. Navy Blvd.) to discuss any changes needed to you policy.
We look forward to serving you.