We're almost a month into hurricane season. How are you doing on storm preparations?
1. Make a plan - include a contact list of relatives and business with whom you have accounts as well as an evacuation route should you need it.
2. Gather supplies - non-perishable food and water, emergency power sources, medical supplies, pet supplies, safety and personal items, and important documents should be organized and placed in a special location.
3. Know the difference between a watch (possible) and a warning (expected).
4. Get your car ready. Always keep at least a half tank of gas in your car; include an emergency car kit as well.
5. Get your family and pets ready - include needed items for special needs or disabled family members.
6. Get your home ready - secure any outdoor items that could become flying projectiles, know how to turn off your power if you need to evacuate, fill clean water containers in case you lose your water supply, and check your carbon monoxide detector battery.
7. Review your homeowners insurance policy and have your provider's phone number available should you need to file a storm damage claim.
Questions about your policy? Phone now 888-600-7333.